Re: Installing DD-WRT -

  On 13/08/10 14:56, Seann wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:

>>> Have you looked here?
>>>
>>> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3300
>>>

>> Yes, that is one of the articles mentioning the "hard reset."
>> What happens after I do that, will I lose contact via the browser.
>> does it wipe out the router address, I don't know what is being
>> reset. Those are the kinds of things that bother me, That's why I was
>> looking for someone who has done this.
>>
>> Bob
>>
> A "Hard Reset" on a wireless router on DD-WRT means you just cleared
> your NVRAM settings. Not what is flashed to the CMOS, but what
> configurations persist on reboot, IE your settings and IP's and
> everything, which is then set back to default, usually 192.168.100.1
> or some such setup. You need to make sure you are wired directly to
> the router and you will need to change your IP to match the default of
> the router if you have customized it.
>

> ~Seann

Ok, that is reassuring. Right now I am suffering from information
overload again.

Also OpenWrt appears to have a better set of instructions [for someone
who doesn't know what he's doing] if I can ever figure out what software
I need to download. I'm working at it, will muddle through somehow.

Thanks to all.

Bob