Re: Installing DD-WRT -

On Fri August 13 2010, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>   On 13/08/10 14:41, Terry Polzin wrote:
> > On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 11:38 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> >> has nothing whatsoever to do with Fedora but...
> >>
> >> yes, do a hard reset before installing DD-WRT (and after I think if I
> >> remember correctly)
> >>
> >> Craig
> >
> > Have you looked here?
> >
> > http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3300
>
> Yes, that is one of the articles mentioning the "hard reset."
> What happens after I do that, will I lose contact via the browser. does
> it wipe out the router address, I don't know what is being reset. Those
> are the kinds of things that bother me, That's why I was looking for
> someone who has done this.

The "Hard Reset" resets the router back to the factory default settings.
I've never done it on that router, but on the Linksys routers I've flashed,
I have NOT had to hard reset it before upgrading. Only after the initial
install. Also, on some Linksys routers, you had to install the "mini"
version first as the router would choke on the full install, but after
installing the "mini" DD-WRT you can proceed to install the full size
version. Keep in mind this may only apply to Linksys routers. I don't know
a thing about the Netgear.