Re: Creating an Audio only DVD from several CD's

> > Hello,
> >
> > Well, my steps to make a Video-DVD containing mainly audio are as
> > follows:
> >
> > $>  ffmpeg -loop_input -t 2000 -i display.jpg -i 1.wav -r 44100 -target pal-dvd -aspect 4:3 1.mpg
> > $>  ffmpeg -loop_input -t 2000 -i display.jpg -i 2.wav -r 44100 -target pal-dvd -aspect 4:3 2.mpg
> > $>  dvdauthor -o testdvd -x dvd.xml
> > $>  cat dvd.xml
> > <dvdauthor>
> > <vmgm />
> > <titleset>
> > <titles>
> > <pgc>
> > <vob file="1.mpg" />
> > <vob file="2.mpg" />
> > </pgc>
> > </titles>
> > </titleset>
> > </dvdauthor>
> > EOF
> > $>  growisofs -Z /dev/sr0 -dvd-video testdvd/
> >
> > The resulting DVD+RW (as I said before, I am having strange problems
> > creating DVD+R but no problems with DVD+RW) plays on vlc as well as on
> > my Denon DVD-player.
> >
> > Leaving out the video encoding doesn't seem to work, so I gave a photo
> > as a loop input into ffmpeg.
> >
> > However, it seems as if by the point all the audio has been encoded,
> > in ffmpeg's display the frame number keeps rising, but the size of the
> > resulting mpg file does not increase anymore. I need to press q to
> > stop ffmpeg encoding, and then I need to give it a shell interrupt
> > because it does not react anymore.
> >
> > Surely there must be an option which I have missed on the command line
> > of ffmpeg to tell it to stop loop_encoding the photo when the end of
> > the audio is reached. I might have to ask this on the ffmpeg mailing
> > list.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Gabriel
> How many
> vob files do I need? One per track?
> I have 36 tracks (wav files).
> Also, I am using the -i option to dvda-author.
> The directory dvd.out has 4 dirs:
> d1, d2, d3, d4
> each d# has roughly 6 to 11 tracks

I found this site quite helpful:

http://radagast.bglug.ca/linux/dvd_authoring/dvd_authoring.html

I am not yet an expert at the xml file for dvdauthor (remember to use
dvdauthor for video dvd, not dvda-author), so I just made my tracks in
one row like this: (one <vob file="???.mpg" /> per audiotrack).

<dvdauthor>
<vmgm />
<titleset>
<titles>
<pgc>
<vob file="1.mpg" />
<vob file="2.mpg" />
<vob file="3.mpg" />
</pgc>
</titles>
</titleset>
</dvdauthor>

About subdiretories I have yet to gather some more information or read
more indepth the website I gave you at the beginning of this message.

There is another software called dvdstyler which might be in fedora (I
myself use gentoo linux). It is a GUI but I think in the long run it
is better to know about the xml syntax, also in combination with dvd
menus. But if you want to quickly design a dvd, I think dvdstyler is
superior.

I am a professional musician and my plan is to make DVDs which on the
TV display some information on me, the composer and maybe photos of
pianos and from the composers life. I might in the long run try to
compose visually more interesting still images containing such
information with the povray software. That's still a long way to go.

Gabriel