Re: Creating an Audio only DVD from several CD's

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 04:08:31PM -0700, JD wrote:

> >> Hi Gabriel,
> >> Did you try to mount it with -t iso9660  instead of udf?
> >>
> > In fact, that worked. I had set the option "auto" in my /etc/fstab and
> > mount without the "-t" option recognized the udf filesystem on the
> > DVD-A and gave an "unknown filesystem error. The command "mount -t
> > iso9660" as well as giving the filesystem type option iso9660 in the
> > /etc/fstab-file works fine.
> >
> > How to play a DVD-A on the linux computer remains yet a mistery to me,
> > however. Hope we'll find out soon.
> >
> > Gabriel
> I received a reply from a developer of dvda-author:
> I had remarked:
>  > I have not been able to play the resulting DVD
>  > with any of the Linux media players.
>  > They just do not seem to recognize it.
> And Fabrice replied:
> On 08/07/2010 12:27 PM, fabrni@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > hi
> >
> > the spec file is in the package, and discs do not play on media
> > players currently, this is normal behavior.
> >
> > Fab

Maybe a solution to this would be to put the wav files on a Video-DVD
and leave the video directory empty. This would however only give you
a sample rate of 48000 Hz instead of up to 192000 Hz as specified for
a DVD-A. But then at least you could play the DVD on most any
DVD-player. I am going to try that tomorrow.

Gabriel