Re: F-13 qnw wireless routers -

On 08/07/2010 12:07 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

>      This is a current updated f-13 computer connected to our home LAN. I
>      have been using a Buffalo Airstation WLI-TX4-AG300N,
> snip

>      Does anyone have experience with a similar system? I would be
>      interested to know if my observations are typical or if I have an
>      equipment problem. I am considering obtaining a different wireless
>      adapter device to replace the Buffalo unit since it is the only
>      thing unchanged here.

I am now convinced that ethernet over power has reached an adequate
cost/service ratio, and are the best way to go.

Powerline networks are up to 200Mb commonly, and you can get a starter
kit with two or three, depending on brand and model, for about $150.00.

A combination of ethernet over power, and a meshed wireless set up from
open-mesh is the best of both worlds.

Good Luck!