Creating an Audio only DVD from several CD's

  I have ripped several CD's to wave files.
I deliberately numbered the wave tracks
in a sequential order that keeps the order
of play of each original cd.

I then used dvda-author to create the audio dvd directory.
I then used growisofs to burn it to a DVD.

I can mount the resulting DVD and it has the
directories audio_ts/    and  video_ts/
Of course the video_ts is empty.
The audio_ts has several triplets of
ats_01_0.bup
ats_01_0.ifo
ats_01_1.aob
ats_02_0.bup
ats_02_0.ifo
ats_03_1.aob
.
.
.
...etc for numbers  ats_4, ats_5, ats_6, ...etc.
and  has the final triplet

audio_pp.ifo
audio_ts.bup
audio_ts.ifo

Problem is I am unable to play it back with any Linux based
media players (xine, mplayer, vlc, ogle, rhythmbox...etc).
Even the home video player does not recognize it as playable
media.

Has anyone successfully done this?

Thank.

JD