Re: F12: How to save desktop settings?

On 08/06/2010 09:22 AM, suvayu ali wrote:
> On 6 August 2010 08:41, Daniel B. Thurman<dant@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
>
>> Finally, when will the fedora team put that save
>> desktop button back into place?
>>

> Isn't there a save session check box when you log out? At least I see
> it on XFCE.

Yes, there is, but the problem is, that using it appears to be a
catch-22 situation and you have no feedback as to whether or not your
desktop settings are properly saved. If you enable the checkbox, you
will have to cross your fingers and hope that it works when rebooting or
logging out and logging back in.  I find that only the first desktop
workspace for Gnome terminals are saved, the other workspaces may or may
not be saved or all apps from the other workspaces appear in the first
workspace, forcing one to move the apps back into the original workspace
locations.  This appears to be true for Firefox and Amarok.  Other
times, Firefox and Amarok apps would simply disappear.  Saving the
desktop settings are really screwy and unstable as it is, or so I think.