Firewall not getting displayed

Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Earlier also when I installed only the default rules only, I accepted.
> But still the problem is remaining!!
>
> Regards,
> Parshwa Murdia
Hi,
some sanity checks (I am on Fedora 13; it is up to date):
root@localhost jb]# ls -al /etc/sysconfig/ip*tables
-rw-------. 1 root root 416 Jul 23 13:52 /etc/sysconfig/ip6tables
-rw-------. 1 root root 411 Jul 23 13:52 /etc/sysconfig/iptables

[root@localhost jb]# cat /etc/sysconfig/ip*tables
# Firewall configuration written by system-config-firewall
# Manual customization of this file is not recommended.
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
-A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p ipv6-icmp -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp6-adm-prohibited
-A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp6-adm-prohibited
COMMIT
# Firewall configuration written by system-config-firewall
# Manual customization of this file is not recommended.
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
-A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
-A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
COMMIT

# [root@localhost jb]# yum list *system-config-firewall*
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, presto, priorities, protect-packages,
              : refresh-packagekit
Installed Packages
system-config-firewall.noarch             1.2.25-1.fc13         @updates-testing
system-config-firewall-base.noarch        1.2.25-1.fc13         @updates-testing
system-config-firewall-tui.noarch         1.2.25-1.fc13         @updates-testing

I played with the wizard and all is OK (that may mean only that I did not hit
the "soft" spot ...).
Whatever you do with with it, pay attention to every step becuase there must be
some clue, if it happens during rules editing of course.
JB