Re: [FALSE ALARM] Re: yum update and f12

> I explicitly referred to "more plugins", but at a second thought their
> names would have been printed by 'yum -v repolist' already, too. There are
> optional plugins for Yum, see 'yum list yum-plugin\*', and not all of them
> are safe to use because they can cause problems when they are not set up
> correctly or suffer from bugs. From time to time there are users, who
> cannot update (or don't see the latest packages), because a plugin warns
> about excluding thousands of packages. This is not the case for you,
> however.

Thanks, this helps me better understand your original statement as I
wasn't certain why you mentioned it before.

> Difficult to comment on as guess-work is needed. [...]

I ran a test by firing up a second F12 system that is even more out of
date. When I was able to log in, it took at least 15 minutes for
PackageKit to tell me I had 600 updates ready. I think what happened the
first time was that I immediately ran "yum update" and it only had time
to know it needed flash, after which your statement of 1.5 hours came
into play and I didn't get the rest until it checked again.

Its only a guess on my part, but it sure seems to match up with the
information you provided.

I appreciate your help in better educating me about yum,
Thanks,
Paul