Re: OT: Cloud Computing is coming to ...

On 07/20/2010 10:19 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:

> Did I say that?  You are adding this to the discussion.  I just posted that Red Hat had a "cloud committee" and a link to the page.  I know, I know if you took it that way I am sorry :(

What cloud committee?  You posted a link about a consulting offering
from Red Hat and discussed about that affecting Fedora and pointed to
the Fedora wiki page.  The conclusion you were making were that they
were connected.  I am not adding that to the discussion newly.  I am
merely pointing out that despite the user of the word "cloud",  what Red
Hat does and what Fedora infrastructure does are about completely
dissimilar things and therefore your conclusion that somehow there is
new technologies to test for the cloud and Fedora would be used for that
has no evidence.

> In reading other responses, I see that "public" vs "private" "Cloud Computing", if you want to choose one, the cost would be lower if you go with "private computing".  Still, like I posted before, I agree with Mr. Richard Stallman :)

All you keep saying is that you agree with RMS.  How does the concept of
private servers to run your own services change your argument?

Rahul