Re: Still no kmod for new nvidia

On 07/20/2010 06:09 AM, Michael Miles wrote:
> Oh well, considering the two main Video companies is Nvidia and Ati it
> would be good to have a Fedora based driver that works 100%.
> I am not knocking Nouveau but it still has a way to go before it can be
> called a driver replacement.
>
> Thanks again for the answer back

Yes, the driver is under rapid development and is getting better with
more feedback.  It works well for some users but not all and the
difference is that we have the expertise and the ability to improve the
Nouveau driver but we can't do anything to fix bugs in the proprietary
Nvidia driver.  If it doesn't work well for you,  do let the developers
know via bug reports.  Red Hat does have a full time Nouveau developer
to help improve this driver who spends most of his time on bug reports
from Fedora users.  Do remember, that this is a fundamental value of Fedora

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations

See the first para on "Freedom"

Rahul