Re: yum update failure

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 15:50 +0000, JB wrote:
> Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec <at> PoMec.Net> writes:
>

> Gregory,
> you have a plugin called downloadonly - the package is:
>
> $ yum list *downloadonly*
> yum-plugin-downloadonly.noarch              1.1.27-2.fc13               @updates
>
> The description of it is:
> $ yum info yum-plugin-downloadonly.noarch
>            : download the packages and not install/update them.
>
> We have to remove it:
> $ yum remove yum-plugin-downloadonly.noarch
> confirm it y (Yes) to remove.
>
> Now let's try again:
> $ yum check-update
>
> I hope it works now ?
> JB

JB,

You were correct to cause me to look at the downloadonly plugin... it
was enabled.  I originally did in upgrade from f12 to f13 instead of a
new install, and then installed yum-cron.  I do not remember installing
the downloadonly plugin, or enabling it.  I used your syntax to remove
the plug in as well as yum-cron..... but the results of yum check-update
were :
[root@Re01 pluginconf.d]# yum check-update
Loaded plugins: presto, priorities, refresh-packagekit
3487 packages excluded due to repository priority protections

So no cigar yet.........

Greg