Re: Minimum Required RPM Packages for Running Fedora

  On 07/14/2010 02:51 AM, siavash ghiasvand wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> For some reasons I want to know what are "Minimum Required RPM
> Packages" for installing fedora on a PC.
> At installation time, we can remove all optional packages and after
> removing them Fedora will install with nearly 200 packages! But, many
> of these packages are not necessary, for example OpenSSH, WireLess,
> etc.
>
> Then, when I tried to remove those unwanted packages after
> installation, many many dependencies appeared.
>
> So, I have two questions:
> 1- What are Minimum Required RPM Packages for installing Fedora? (just
> booting up the system with kernel and then, a simple command line
> access)
> 2- How can I reach this minimal system? (As I described above those
> dependencies make it impossible to remove unwanted packages after
> installation and also there is no option to remove unwanted packages
> before installation)
>
> Sincerely yours,
> Siavash Ghiasvand
There is no such description in all of fedora's documentation.
Also, your description of "unwanted" is too vague and may well
be ill defined.
For examle "ls", which is part of the core tools, is not necessary
for the kernel to boot and run - but without it, you are pretty
much crippled. Ditto with ps.
So you need to dig deeper into understanding what you mean
by the most basic set of packages.