Re: Minimum Required RPM Packages for Running Fedora

siavash ghiasvand wrote:
<snip>

> For some reasons I want to know what are "Minimum Required RPM
> Packages" for installing fedora on a PC.

'For some reasons' is very broad and allows for a maximum possible reasons.
and, almost as many replies as you have received.

as has been stated, you do not really give a good answer to your intent
and use/need for your desire.

one thing for sure, your effort to find an answer is *minimal*.

did you try google? i think not, else you 'would have'/'should have'
mentioned doing so.

so, as a guide to what you want to do, an 'google linux advanced' search of
"minimal+system", with quotes and '+' sign gives 4,470 hits;

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=&as_epq=minimal%2Bsystem&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=100&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dlinux=

a quick look thru 1st 30 gives some good pointers;

http://linuxguide.sourceforge.net/linux-minimal-filesystem.html
http://sites.google.com/site/4utils/articles/minimal_linux_system/minimal-linux-system-from-scratch
http://minimallinux.com/
http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Linux/Q_23022039.html
http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/153770-what-minimum-iso-build-server.html
http://www.linuxcertified.com/linux-recovery.html

above, is including for server and recovery floppy disk.

granted, these are not fedora, per se, but they give you a base to build
a fedora system.

hth.

--

peace out.