Re: Fedora13 showed 128 TB /proc/kcore on 2GB RAM

Chen,
You NEVER EVER want to include /proc, /sys, /tmp, /media, /dev in your
backup/iso. They're not really files but points to other systems data,
or your kernel's internal structures.

If you're on a 64bit machines, then yes - the "virtual" size of these
files can be quite large. That's normal. They're not meant to be
written/read by normal processes. So simply exclude the non persistent
mount points, temporary and "cd/usb" mount points when you do a system
dump like that.

--
Best Regards
  Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
 Stupid nick highlighting
 Whenever someone starts with "stupid" it highlights the nick.  Hmm.
	-- #Debian