Re: Fedora 12 end-of-life and rolling our own Fedoras (Re: Fedora 11 End of Life)

On 06/28/2010 09:38 AM, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:joel.rees@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     I suppose eol includes the PPC distro?
>
>     which means I'm going to have to either start learning how to roll my
>     own Fedora now, or start getting ready to switch back to openBSD on
>     my PPC machines.
>

> Instead of abandoning Linux, have you considered keeping your life
> simple by using a Linux distribution with PPC support?  Debian[1] has
> supported PPC[2] for years.
>
> This isn't an advocacy post, I'm simply pointing out that there are
> Linux based alternatives to the issue you're facing.
>
> [1] http://www.debian.org/
> [2] http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/

Perhaps it would be better to advocate the Fedora secondary arch for
PowerPC instead: http://fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-ppc

It's no longer a primary architecture, so its releases tend to lag
behind, but it's still probably what Joel was actually looking for.

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761

Delivering value year after year.