Re: Sendmail: How does one blacklist annoying spammers?

On 06/28/2010 09:49 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:

>   SPF ... bah its silly. Here's another reason not to use it ... DKIM is
> much better. Not perfect but much better.

Not advocating either one.  Just used that to indicate that *if* gmail
valued SPF and *if* their choice of SPF records hinted at what number of
servers they could call upon what that number could be.  (Note: I doubt
they value SPF since they did use ?all)
>   This is google trying to compact the SPF record - those netblocks are
> not all used for mail. If they didn't do this they would have very very
> very long SPF records .. lol.
>
>   Go after the hosts which actually send their mail outbound ... last I
> checked its in the 2,700 zone.

One hopes they are contiguous and easy to list as the netblocks are in
the SPF records.

OK, I'll bite, how did you arrive at the number?
>   And no that's not a lot to whitelist at all ...

But, you did say "last time you checked" which indicates maintenance is
needed.  Gmail being one of several lists you need to maintain.  It is
additive.  I suppose if you like to ensure work or job security you
could sell that to a PHB.  :-)

--
Hello... IRON CURTAIN? Send over a SAUSAGE PIZZA! World War III? No
thanks! 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段