Re: Sendmail: How does one blacklist annoying spammers?

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 22:47 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/26/2010 10:15 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> > I actually find SpamAssassin by itself is quite adequate,
> > reducing spam to perhaps 5% of my email.
> > But if adding SpamHaus improves even this
> > I am more than willing to try it.
> >

> IMHO, it isn't worth the effort.

Just another data point (which goes to show this depends a whole lot on
your particular user base): both at work, where we serve 1200 local
users and another 5000 or so who have relay addresses), and also at home
where it is only my wife and me, the stats show that the SpamHaus
SBL-XBL catches 90% of the spam before it ever reaches SpamAssassin, and
without incurring the overhead of scanning it. And I have never had a
docmented case of false positive attributable to our use of SpamHaus
DNSBLs. For me, it most definitely *is* worth the effort.

--Greg