Re: Another funny update?

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 3:18 PM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> I'm not attacking you, I'm stating a very plain fact. If RPMfusion says
> "Sure, we'll help you move from Nouveau to NIVDIA" and, when people want to
> come back to Nouveau, Nouveau developers answer "Ah, you fucked up your
> system? Good luck!" the people who adopted the NVIDIA module will be stuck
> with a one way ticket. And, whatever happens with Nouveau, some people will
> always want to try the module provided by NVIDIA.
>
> I don't know where RPMFsion stands on this issue, but they might not want to
> make your life easier by providing instructions on how to remove their blob.
> So, what I'm saying is that it's for you to decide if you want to make your
> battle tougher with one way tickets to NVIDIA.

It is curious how you can continue to be so belligerent about
something that has been so clearly explained to you so many times by
so many people.

What is so difficult about the idea that RPMFusion modifies Fedora,
and not vice-versa? They provided packages and instructions for
installing proprietary software on your Fedora system. It is their
responsibility to explain how to uninstall that software. Simple.

Fedora, for its part, doesn't advocate using proprietary software at all.

What you're asking is equivalent to demanding that Microsoft provide
instructions for how to switch from Firefox back to Internet Explorer.
It just doesn't make any sense.

-Alan