Re: Another funny update?

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:52 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:39:16 pm Marcel Rieux wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Dennis Gilmore <dennis@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > reverse whatever it was you did to enable the nvidia driver, then you get
> > Nouveau since its the default.
>
> How do you, for instance, reverse:
>
> su -
> mv /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r)-nouveau.img

one command

mv  /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r)-nouveau.img  /boot/initramfs-$(uname -r).img

Oops! One MORE command. Before, Rahul Sundaram suggested that all you had to do was

yum remove kmod-nvidia.

Kevin Fensi suggests I use these instructions on installing.... mesa-dri-drivers-experimental:

http://fedorasolved.org/Members/dcr226/nouveau-kmods-mesa-dri-exper/

Whose's right?

What I get from all this is that moving from NVIDIA drivers to Nouveau will be the same kind of pain that I went through when I tried to install the Nvidia drivers with the "help" from FedoraFAQ. It just didn't work and the wrong information was never corrected.

What does this spell? When you want to get instructions to install  NV drivers, you go to the place that provides said drivers: RPMFusion. When you want to install NOuveau drivers, you should go to the place that provides Nouveau drivers.

Tell me, are they there to be found?

Once again, and this is bound to be the last answer I give. (Michael Cronenworth is finally turning out right about the excessive lenght of this thread, not about the OT status, though.

The day Nouveau developers give enough of a shit about their product to do a test on uninstalling the Nvidia drivers and providing precise instruction on a Fedora page... I'll give it a thought.