Re: NFS mounts - temporary failure in name resolution

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 18:03, Steve Searle <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have installed Fedora 13 on two machines now, and am getting the same
problem when mounting nfs shares at boot time on both machines. The
problem happens most of the time when I boot, but not always.

I have four nfs mounts and when the problem occurs the following message
is displayed four times, at the "Mounting NFS filesystems:" point:
 mount.nfs: Failed to resolve server albacore: Temporary failure in
 name resolution.

Are you using NetworkManager?
I've had a similar problem with NetworkManager when on boot time when the system tried to mount the nfs shares,
the network wasn't ready. Only after I logged in and NetworkManager was started the system tried to mount those shares again and then they got mounted.
I switched to using the network service instead which fixed the problem.