Re: NFS mounts - temporary failure in name resolution

Steve Searle wrote:
> I have installed Fedora 13 on two machines now, and am getting the same
> problem when mounting nfs shares at boot time on both machines. The
> problem happens most of the time when I boot, but not always.
>
> I have four nfs mounts and when the problem occurs the following message
> is displayed four times, at the "Mounting NFS filesystems:" point:
>   mount.nfs: Failed to resolve server albacore: Temporary failure in
>   name resolution.
>
> However, even when the messages are displayed, the nfs shares are always
> mounted.
>
> Although this means it is not a serious problem, it is anoying becasue
> the machines flag that there are boot messages that need to be looked
> at.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?

One possibility is that DHCP hasn't run yet, and "albacore" didn't map to
"albacore.your.domain" because /etc/resolv.conf didn't have the search path set.
Try using the FQDN instead of just the node name and see if the problem goes away.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>