Re: Unexplained temporary freezes in Thunderbird Fedora 13

Jerry Feldman wrote:
> On 06/14/2010 04:33 PM, g wrote:
<snip>

>> thunderbird does produce disk i/o activity when in compose mode.
>>
>> there is a storing of message in 'drafts folder' and is set with
>> 'preferences'.
>>

> This is true, I didn't think of it. Could also be related to my /home
> logical volume is huge.

to further clarify, maybe, i do not/would not relate volume size being
huge to 'drafts' folder file.

what is stored there and left, is what you save with 'file > save',
'file > save as', or <ctrl+s>. or a crash, which could be if you
<ctrl+alt+backspace>, <ctrl+alt+esc> or close out in some other way
with out finishing properly with compose window.

a simple viewing of 'drafts' folder will show you what is there. if
'drafts' folder is in bold type, you definitely have composed emails
there. if you have any there that are shown as read, it is because
you read what is there, or you move something there.

> When I installed Fedora 13, It was relatively small, and I had another
> folder for downloads, isos, and virtual machines. I don't know why this is
<snip>

as for lvm, only reasoning i can relate to thunderbird is that lvm is set
too low and thunderbird is having to wait for space assignment.

i never found need for lvm, i see it's advantages, but i can also see
disadvantages. i do not use it.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.