Re: How do I associate *.jnlp files to Java Webstart (javaws) on GNOME?

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 05:05, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 2010-06-06 at 21:48 -0300, Andre Costa wrote:
> the thing is that when Chrome downloads a JNLP file it by
> default saves it somewhere on the filesystem, and offers a "Open"
> option, along with a "always open files from this type". If I use the
> "Open" option, JNLP file is opened on gedit, and if the "always
> open ..." checkbox is checked, clicking on a JNLP file link also opens
> the file on gedit. This is why I believe some additional client-side
> mime-type configuration is needed.

If you gave some examples, people could look and see if it works for
them, or whether /that/ site was broken.

Well, I tried. On my 2nd reply I said this:

"All JNLP links behave the same. Try this one for example: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorialJWS/uiswing/learn/ex6/CelsiusConverter.jnlp

Remember: it works on Firefox, so you should really try with Chrome (and Nautilus, once you've saved the JNLP file locally)."

This, combined with the explanation above, and the description on the original post (note that I am the one who posted comment #34 on Chromium issue), pretty much sums it all AFAICT. Let me know what additional info you need and I'll be happy to provide.

Regards,

Andre