Re: Evolution oddities in F13

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 14:44 +0100, John Horne wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 22:03 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 19:33 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> >
> > >       * The first message selected in a window doesn't change status
> > >         from unread to read until I change it by hand.
> > >

> > Above isn't a bug.  It actually was suppose to do this same thing in F12
> > but there was a bug that prevented it.  But this is the way it's suppose
> > to work.  It will change if you select on another one then come back to
> > it.  And if there are other emails in the folder, i think it will change
> > status but can't remember.
> >
> But if there are no other messages in the folder, it remains as unread.
> That is the problem. I now have folders each with one message in them,
> and they are all (still!) marked as unread despite having read them all
> (and having set the 'mark as read after ...' option). To me that is a
> bug.

Maybe so, but what heuristic would you suggest? Feel free to make a
proposal on the Evo Bugzilla page at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Evolution

As you may know, you can mark the messages as Read by selecting and
typing Ctrl-K, or by clicking on the message's icon in the left-hand
column of the message list, or by selecting "Mark as Read" from the
pop-up menu (right-click on the message), or by right-clicking on the
folder in the folder list and selecting "Mark Messages as Read".

poc