Re: Improving the list climate [was Re: Fwd: Fedora Weekly News 228]

> My advice is to leave well alone. What I would do however is make some
> key aspects of the Guidelines a little more upfront when people
> subscribe. I don't mean simply a pointer to the complete Guidelines, but
> a *brief* list of the top points directly summarized in the confirmation
> message.

I concur with your observations.  (I may have overly trimmed...but it is
midnight here...and it is Friday....oops Saturday.)

As I believe you have pointed out, some people prefer mailing lists over
blogs and forums.  Those that do prefer mailing lists generally do know,
understand, and accept the warts inherent in mailing lists.   As such, I
agree with you that things should be left as is and no radical response
or solution is necessary in the attempt to eliminate/avoid the "unusual
event".

FWIW, I believe we have returned to our regularly scheduled
programming.  :-)

--
Scully: I've heard the truth. Now what I want are the answers. "The