Re: GDM slow to accept password

On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 13:09 -0700, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> Maybe not 10 seconds, but it's definitely always laggy

Yes, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.  I seem to
recall that, back in the dim and distant past, when you could disable
the face browser, it was quicker.

It baffles me how computers can do millions of things a second, yet
spend so long parsing simple text files (e.g. the GDM config file and
password list, in this case, to make a couple of educated guesses about
what it's doing).

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686