Re: How to set monitor refresh rate more than 60hz in Fedora 13

Ravi Saini wrote:
> I have installed the Fedora 13 on my computer today. I am using HCL's
> 17" Monitor whose screen resolution is 1024*768 @85 hz. But in Fedora
> 13, I can't be able to set my monitor's refresh rate more than 60 hz due
> to which the screen is blurring. There is no Xorg.conf file in /etc/X11.
> Please help me.

Roughly the process is this. If the system didn't detect your monitor type
correctly (usual behavior) select admin->display and set it correctly. Log out
and back in, then use preferences->hardware->screen_resolution and look for what
you need, set, and log out and back in.

Note: for Nvidia, ATI, and Intel graphics this probably won't work because the
enhanced drivers do things as they see fit. There are vendor (closed source)
drivers you can install, people will tell you not to use them for a number of
religious (or maybe political) reasons, but for many people they work where the
included drivers don't. The new drivers are much improved for 3D and special
effects, not so much for 2D non-game work.

You may also be able to run in vesa mode, using the video=vesafb:spec boot line
option.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>