Re: F13 install problem (/dev/fd0 error)

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 11:54:25 -0700,
  "Wolfgang S. Rupprecht" <wolfgang.rupprecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Are floppies still used by most people?  I can't recall the last time I
> tried to use one.  If the floppy hardware is really so broken that it
> causes hangs, wouldn't it be better to just not probe for them ever
> unless some boot-time flag were given?

In one case things work but work slowly. In the other they don't work.
I think the first option is better.

I think, most of the time the issue is that the bios isn't configured to say
that there are no floppy drives attached and the floppy controller should be
disabled. Though there were claims that in some cases doing that didn't
help.

Hopefully both things can be fixed at the same time.