Seagate USB disk does not automount

Hi,

I have a new seagate external USB disk that does not mount when plugged in
to my F-12 machine. I can mount it by hand and access it normally.

Does anyone have instructions for adding udev rules or whatever it takes
to get this to automount when plugged in?

dmesg shows the following:
usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-3: New USB device found, idVendor=0bc2, idProduct=3300
usb 1-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 1-3: Product: Desktop
usb 1-3: Manufacturer: Seagate
usb 1-3: SerialNumber: 2GHL7D7A
ata6: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)

lsusb -v shows the following:

Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bc2:3300 Seagate RSS LLC
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x0bc2 Seagate RSS LLC
   idProduct          0x3300
   bcdDevice            1.30
   iManufacturer           1 Seagate
   iProduct                2 Desktop
   iSerial                 3 2GHL7D7A
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           32
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0xc0
       Self Powered
     MaxPower                2mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage
       bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI
       bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk (Zip)
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval
Device Qualifier (for other device speed):
   bLength                10
   bDescriptorType         6
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceSubClass         0