Re: Fedora-12 boot fails at "Starting udev:"

On 19 May 2010 13:28, Mike Park <emparq@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:08 AM, William Perkins <wperkins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I am having a boot problem on my work station with any of the
>> Fedora-12 update kernels.  The hardware appears to lock up with
>> no response possible from the keyboard.  They all fail by hanging
>> at the "Starting udev:" line during the boot process.
>
> It might seem hung, but try waiting a few minutes. For me, my boot
> time went from ~30sec -> 3min 30sec after a kernel update (I don't
> remember which one). But yeah, I think udev is the culprit... I just
> haven't had time lately to track down what's going on w/ it.
>
> Here's a bootchart I just ran today (3:33):
> http://imagebin.ca/view/xpnUEhhG.html

I had an almost similar issue and I ran bootchart, but I never got the
bootchart java chart rendering to work. I even posted to the list with
no response. :(

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/users/2010-January/097670.html

Eventually the delay went away with a newer kernel. (it took many months though)

PS: Mike, it would be good if you could share how you got the chart
rendering to work. Maybe the OP can try too?
--
Suvayu