Re: Best backup option

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 03:06, Genes MailLists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 05/18/2010 06:06 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
>>>

>> Here's my script to backup to an external USB drive
>>

>  I'd suggest rdiff-backup (steven you may want to look into this).
>
>  It uses rsync library but adds ability to roll back as far back as
> you'd like. The backup tree is browsable (just as an rsync backup would be).

rdiff-backup is brilliant. It gives you the browseable backup, so you
can copy from the last backup directly. But it also keeps a history of
the increments for as long back as you have space.

It is also pretty efficient if you use it over the network and I use
it to make backups of remote servers.

Christof