Re: Sophos Anti Virus

Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On the contrary, I'd say we are a healthily paranoid community. Being
> security-aware means focussing safeguards on where it matters, such as
> proper account control, proper firewall configuration, proper scepticism
> about random binary downloads etc.

And you know what the biggest bit of irony is in this anti-virus thread?
The AV vendors want you to run a blackbox mystery binary in order to
"protect your system".  Um, yea.  That gives me a warm secure feeling.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht      http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/      (IPv6-only)