Re: Sophos Anti Virus

Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> And the million dollar question for all these people running anti-virus
> software on their Linux box is:  Have any of you ever had it catch a
> Linux virus?

>From reading the Sophos propaganda it sounds like it also helps discover
intrusions, which might be useful for companies that hire junior admins
or give admin priveledges to users before they know what they are doing.
"Oh look at that shiny new screen saver.  Must install as root."

As for viruses, I was surprised to hear that there were any.  Wikipedia
lists ~50 linux viruses, worms and trojans.  There is also a good
summary of linux vulnarabilities.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_malware

-wolfgang