Re: Installing Windows XP under KVM (SP3 fails)

On Thu, 13 May 2010 17:35:52 +0200
Roberto Ragusa wrote:

> My XP SP2 installation inside KVM had been working perfectly until
> the moment I installed XP SP3. After that, it blue-screens on
> boot with something related to ACPI.

Weird, my XP SP2 worked, but just barely, until I did install SP3,
then it started working really well. This also seems to be ACPI
related. When I originally installed XP it was under an older
virt-manager that had noacpi as the default for XP, so in an
attempt to get ACPI working, I told virt-manager it was Vista,
and installed XP instead. That got me ACPI with XP and the
ability for XP to shutdown the machine, but it seemed very
flaky and sluggish, so I installed SP3 and suddenly it was
working really well.