Installing Windows XP under KVM

This might have been covered elsewhere, if so I'm sorry for the noise.

I tried to install XP SP3 as a KVM guest yesterday and it just hung at
"installing devices."  The little flashing scroll bar at the bottom of
the page was still going, and it was pingable, but the installation
progress bar stalled and the installation never completed.  I couldn't
find any references to this issue via Google (although it's certainly
possible I was not searching with the right terms).

I popped onto #fedora on Freenode and found someone else who had had the
same issue.  He suggested trying an older version of XP and I did.  It
worked fine.

So, if you run into problems with XP SP3 as a KVM guest, try an older
version.

Just wanted to post this in case anyone else ran into it.  Hope it's
helpful.

Cheers,
--
Thomas