Re: Warning during installation of ns-2.34 on fedora-11

On 05/11/2010 12:08 PM, g wrote:
> Ed Greshko wrote:
> <snip>
>

>> Yes, bad assumptions are made by the gateway administrator.  He has
>> assumed that all messages will contain some Chinese and that receiving
>> MTA's will "break" the messages sent as 8bit.
>>
> very bad. but i am not talking about such cases.
>

>> Right....but wasn't it about CTE and not plain v.s. html?
>>
> no.
>

>> Well, no.  Just because an email contains some Chinese characters
>>
> and again, you are talking about emails with chinese. i have seen very
> few, so few, that i can not even say that there has been any. :) but i
> am aware that there have been several from asian countries, that have
> been in english, in text/plain, and they apologize for their lacking in
> use of english. [hell, i wish i new some of their languages as well as
> they do english.]
>
> i am talking about html's that are sent to tsl's, majority of which are
> emails sent to this list, kde = 2nd, thunderbird = 3rd, firefox = 4th,
> scientific = a small 5th.
>

>> But, my point is still...senders to this list can be faulted for sending
>> text/html v.s. text/plain....but they can't always be "faulted" for
>> their CTE being quoted-printable or base64.
>>
> to this, i agree.

OK...  I became confused  a bit since you seemed to have been linking
text/plain v.s. text/html with the appearance of base64.  I got confused
when you said "i was filtering out *base 64* posters" since there is no
relationship with that and text/plain v.s. text/html.

So, it really is just about html posters.

--
Four thousand different MAGNATES, MOGULS & NABOBS are romping in my
gothic solarium!! 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段