Re: Installing Fedora 12

On 04/26/2010 12:54 PM, Nathan Woodruff wrote:
> I seem to believe that it never gave me the option to create a user account.
>
> Can I do it now with out another 6 hour install?

Yes, use the method detailed below by Steve Berg....  Once you are
logged in to the console (in text mode, using root), use the useradd
tool to create a user for yourself.  You should then be able to login in
to the gui using it.

BTW, the last install I did (F13 Beta, yesterday, from a live image)
rebooted after installation, and the first thing it asked me was to
create a user account before it put up the graphical login screen.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx