Re: Installing Fedora 12

> I've downloaded the Fedora 12 desktop edition and I've installed it now
> three times on a U2 server of ours. Every time after the reboot of the
> newly
> installed system, I get the login screen. The first time when I installed,
> used a password that I always use as a default, at least I thought, I
> wasn't
> 100% sure. I typed in "root" with out the quotes and type in the default
> password that I always use. "Authentication Failed" and doesn't log on.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Nathan Woodruff

By default these days X does not allow root login.  If you switch over to
a terminal console (e.g. Alt-F2) and try that it should work just fine.
Did you try to create a user account and login with that during the
installation?  Once you get the install finish the root/GUI login
restriction can be disabled if you desire.

--
*       Stephen Berg       *
*  sberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   *