From: users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of suvayu ali
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2010 1:21 PM
To: Community support for Fedora users
Subject: Re: Installing Fedora 12

On 26 April 2010 10:12, Nathan Woodruff <nathan.woodruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> At the login screen it displays "Other..." pressing ctl-f1 displays a blue
> Pressing Alt f2 does absolutely nothing.

I believe all of those are the wrong shortcuts. Try Ctrl+Alt+(any Fn
key except for F1 or F7). That should get you to a tty/X where X is
the Fn key used. Now you can login as root and use "useradd -m" to add
a regular user with a home directory. You can also try the option -D
to set the user settings to defaults.

--
Suvayu