Re: Wireless camera under Fedora

On 24/04/10 06:17, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-04-24 at 05:06 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>
>> They are spec'd for 45°C, most I looked up are only good to 40°C if
>> I recall ... That's not much in an attic where temperatures can get
>> quite high.
>>
> Might be worth running a tiny fan aimed at the camera body.  Even in a
> quite warm ambient environment, the extra forced heat dissipation may be
> enough to keep them happy.  If the cameras run off 12 volts, you could
> probably attach a computer fan to the same supply.

    Yes, they are 12 volt devices and run from a wall wart. I considered
    taking one apart and perhaps adding a heat sink and fan if possible
    but have not looked inside one yet. That would probably require
    mutilating the case to some degree. But so far, since opening two
    windows for cross ventilation things have been working. However we
    have not yet reached the hottest part of our summer here although we
    have had some near 90°F days.

    The building is air conditioned with a few window units. A shop for
    rebuilding pianos. I might be able to rig a fan with some simple
    flexible duct drawing air from below to cool the camera ...

    Bob