Re: Grandtec Key-3000

On Friday, April 23, 2010, birger <birger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 02:54 -0400, Jameson wrote:
>> Has anyone ever used a Grandtec Key-3000?  I'm trying to get one set
>> up, but have had no luck, and can't find any information out there.
>> It's a wireless keyboard and trackball.  I thought it would be seen as
>> just a USB keyboard and mouse, but so far, it doesn't do anything.
>> Any ideas?
>
> You would have to provide at least what happens in dmesg when you plug
> it in. Preferrably also lsusb output for the device.

> The USB plug gets identified as a keyboard and mouse, but not as a
> bluetooth radio. This way it can be used even before a user has logged
> in and bluetooth becomes operative. On a laptop you can attach the
> diNovo Edge as a normal bluetooth keyboard/mouse without using the
> included USB dongle. Of course you then have to log in using the laptop
> keyboard before you can switch

I'm sorry, I didn't have all of the info ready.  I won't have internet
access set up until Tuesday.  Hence, the mail coming from my phone.
It turns out I just wasn't getting the keyboard married to the
reciever properly.  Now, it works under Gnome, unfortunately, before I
log in, or in text mode it sends keys as if I had Fn held down, e.g.
pressing the J key results in a 1. I was planning on seting up auto
login on this box anyway.  It's going to be a Mythbox.  Thanks for
your help, though.