Re: Lexmark printer

On Tuesday 20 April 2010, fred smith wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 01:02:09PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Tuesday 20 April 2010, Steve Blackwell wrote:
>> >My wife just got a new Lexmark X2670 all-in-one printer with her new
>> >laptop that we want to share.
>> >
>> >I can't find any drivers for it for F11. Does anyone else have this
>> >printer and if so have you found a way to make it work?
>> >
>> >Thanks,
>> >Steve
>>
>> Probably a mistake.  Lexmark's parent corporation has an attitude toward
>> linux, going so far as to deny warranty when they found it was being used
>> on a linux system.  I've been bit, my employer for 20 years was bit. So
>> most of us old-timers have never bothered to put any fingerprints on
>> their products when shopping for printers.  I'm partial to Epsons stuff
>> myself.  They, and Brother seem to have us grokked.  HP also for large
>> values of sometimes.
>
>I just recently (last couple of weeks) saw an article online, somewhere,
>about how Lexmark is now providing Linux support for all their printers.
>But unfortunatley I can't recall where it was.
>
>Ah-HA! here it is:
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=lexmark_linux&num=1

I stand (or sit) corrected, as I also recall reading that article at the
time.  Can I plead CRS?  Or perhaps oldtimers since I'm 75?

But since the leopards spots go all the way through its skins epidermis, I am
left wondering how much surgery it took to accomplish that about face. ;-)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)