Auto shutdown when idle

Hi,

I'm running a couple of computer rooms at the local university for a
total of 40 computers. All of them run fedora.

While we firmly ask our students to turn off the computers when they
leave the rooms, often people forget to do so.

With older versions of Fedora (when HAL was still in place) the solution
to this problem was feasible (albeit tricky). I had to enable the
"suspend to disk" option when the computer was idle for (let's say) 10
minutes and then just change the content of the script related to
suspension to obtain, instead, the computer shutdown.

Now that HAL is gone for real I have no idea on how to achieve the same
result. The gnome faq related to GnomePowerManager has not been updated
and it is still pointing to the above trick.

Any suggestion on how to achieve the same result with fedora 12 (or 13)
will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your reply.

--
riccardo.rencinai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx