Re: f12 sometimes is slow to start

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 02:59:55 +0930
Tim wrote:

> > I have only one dhcp server on my lan. The laptop has always a good
> > dns name (at home or at work, it has records in both zones).
>
> And that last tidbit of information might be the crucial bit, that
> you're using one computer on two different networks.

That could be an issue. I'm pretty sure fedora stashes the IP
it got from DHCP the last time, and says "Oh! Pretty Please give
me this IP again!" when it connects again. If that IP isn't
available or is on the wrong subnet or something it might take
longer to sort things out (just a random possibility - I don't
know that I've ever seen this cause a big delay).