Re: Clamav

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 13:39:42 -0700,
  jdow <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]

Anti virus is still a poor solution. Better web and email client design
(particularly sandboxing and good defaults) and selinux are better ways
forward. Trying to enumerate malicious stuff doesn't scale well and relies
on someone doing the enumeration and providing you with updates before it
gets to you.

Not having people treat programs as data would be another nice thing to
have happen, but there are a lot of entities pushing that, so don't expect
those to go away soon.