Re: Installing F12 on Mactel

hi Leon,

After having installed fc12, linux would not complete its boot to the
login screen.  This is the manner in which I resolved the issue.

I removed ALL firewire connections.  I removed ALL SCSI connections.  I
removed ALL USB connections.

I removed ALL seated firewire cards.  I removed ALL seated SCSI cards.
I removed ALL memory modules, made sure the gold was clean, and
reinserted the modules.

I removed the Airport card.

I was left with a video card, in its slot.  The monitor was attached to
this card.  This is a DVI connection.  I was left with an Apple keyboard
attached to the built-in USB port.  Oh! I also removed the PowerMate
device from the Apple keyboard.

I then booted the ppc g4 with the fc11 cd.  The installation took a
while, because I made the cd as a download the software from the
internet cd.

When the installation was complete, the installation reached the reboot
screen.  When I rebooted the linux installation, the boot and setup
process occurred as usual.

After a couple of updates to fc11, now I can install fc12 if I choose
to.  I purchase the fc12 cd from the LinuxStore.

When installing fc12, I will, once again, remove every device and seated
card.  Then do the install.

Good Luck!

ZL <zchry237@xxxxxxxxx>