Re: firefox

On 04/11/2010 05:46 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 04/12/2010 06:02 AM, Mail Lists wrote:
>
>> On 04/11/2010 08:26 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>

>>> Quick note:  Firefox 3.6.x will be pushed out as an update in sometime,
>>> features out of progress plugins.  Essentially, if Flash or any other
>>> plugin crashes on that version onwards,  it will not take down the
>>> entire browser anymore.  You can simply reload the page and continue.
>>>

>>    Or just switch to google-chrome - its way way faster and doesn't crash
>> or suck memory up like there's no tomorrow.
>>

> I don't have any memory problems with Firefox.  I am also uninterested
> in switching to a proprietary browser.  I have Chromium running on my
> system to evaluate progress.
>
> Rahul

I have to kill firefox at least every couple of days on f12 because of
resource issues.  One of the problems I'm seeing with the latest firefox
is that at the end of doing a file download (when it says a few seconds
remaining) firefox locks up completely, clicking on a tab or menu does
nothing, until the download completes.  Sometimes this lockup occurs at
the start of the download.  Once the download completes (or starts) then
firefox works fine, and it works fine during the download.  I don't know
if this is a firefox problem or an f12 problem, but it's really annoying.

Paolo