Re: FPL steps down: what's the real story?

On Thursday 08 April 2010 10:43 PM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> Whether it's a laptop or a desktop, your computer is still a 32 bit. It is
> also irrelevant to my demonstration. Until RHF proves the countrary, I'll
> say nobody in India gets paid as much by RHF as Mathew Szulik :)

All this is getting a bit annoying. Open source = freedom to choose.
Rahul _chooses_ to use 32 bit, just as I _chose_ to use 64 bit for the
last four years out which the first 2 were in India (my home country).
And I am just a university student, back then and now.

I hope you understand this soon that most GNU/Linux distros are built on
two major principles, the freedom to choose and the willingness to
contribute without expecting anything in return.

It is a different matter that many have made careers out of this. I envy
them, not for their pay packets but for what they get to do at their
jobs and the really wonderful things they learn and create along the way.

> I'm glad to find out that we now agree on what "making a cent" means.

I am grateful for how things work in the FOSS world. If you don't like
it, feel free to move to any of the "other" OSs.

--
Suvayu