Re: How to Update Firefox with Fedora 12 and use Firefox's "Check for Updates"?

I was thinking about doing that when I wrote.  Thanks.

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Michael Thompson <maverickapollo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 31/03/10 15:23, Michael Bullington wrote:
To whom it shall concern,

I am very angry that I am unable to update Firefox manually using Firefox because the "Check for Updates" menu option from Firefox is dimmed out.

The information from Mozilla states I need to have sufficient access authority to be able to "Check for Updates".

How can I do this with Fedora 12?

I feel I should have the ability to start Firefox and be able to "Check for Updates" as I please and NOT WHAT SOMEBODY AT RED HAT OR FEDORA WANTS ME TO DO THINGS!

Uninstall from the package manager, and then install the download from Mozilla so your not installing a Fedora build.